I haven’t had an orthodox career, and I’ve wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn’t feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!”
You really like me………
I have been nominated for the Personal Blogger Award by Vanessa Chapman http://vanessa-chapman.com
This is an award bloggers award to each other as a way of showing appreciation for the blogs they enjoy. I am humbled and honored.
(I plagiarized the rules from Vanessa as I feel there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.)
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post. Easy-Done
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Ok hope I don’t scare anyone, but easy-done.
3. Pass this award along to 15 other bloggers. Fail! Only could nominate 13!
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. Will let them know as soon as I’ve posted this
Seven things about myself;
- I am 45 years old and I can’t wait for retirement. When I refer to retirement it is not in the sense of me walking away from a career, gold watch in hand to sit on some god forsaken island, smoking pot until I die. On the contrary, I cant wait to start the second half of my life. To re-invent myself and live life twice. I have had a stellar first half, the second half can only get better.
- I can walk into a burning building, rescue people from a crushed or damaged vehicle, repel off a 5 story building with confidence and walk under a ladder without fear of superstitious reprisal. But I cannot, and I mean no way, no how can I stand being in the proximity of a spider. Those eight legged little freaks get me every time. You want to hear a full-grown 200 pound man jump and scream like a 6th grade school girl then toss a black widow my direction.
- My ability to tell the dimensions of something from sight are frustratingly astounding. Spatial relations are my thing and I am borderline “rainman” about it. Have a picture to hang, I can tell you one side is off 1/2 inch any direction just by looking at it. Just had your new bookshelves installed, I am the guy who within 20 seconds of being in the room knows exactly where the carpenter “cheated” or “shorted” you on material. It makes me crazy and it makes my friends crazy as well.
- Scary movies are stupid and a waste of time. I laugh through them which annoys everyone. I can tell exactly what is going to happen when it is going to happen.
- 1950′s pin-up girls are awesome. You can have your skinny, anorexic, vegan, boney butt tooth picks. I like my women with natural curves, and clothing that leaves something to the imagination.
- When I was 10/11 while walking up my long driveway (we lived in the country) a car pulled up with a creepy guy in it who asked me if I wanted a ride. Then told me to get in the damn car. He had one hand on the wheel and one in his trousers. Thank god I had enough sense to run. I still have nightmares about that guy even at 45.
- I am terrified I will fail as a father. I put up a good front, but deep down inside I always feel as though failure is right around the corner. It’s why I write this blog. It allows me to laugh, vent, and share my experiences. I can look back on it when I am feeling low and remind myself of all the good I have done with my children. I know they will laugh looking back on all this as adults.
15 bloggers to pass this award along too.
More valuable information in one blog than should legally be allowed in the states of California and Utah. Everyone else is OK!
A Detailed House- http://adetailedhouse.com
I love houses and the fine art of decorating them in some of the finest trim. If you are a closet design geek such as myself who also thinks you can take on any project, than this is the blog for you. The photography is very well done also.
Raising a Realist- http://raisingarealist.com
Scott is a mild-mannered high school English teacher. This blog is his attempt to capture all of his daughters moments. As a parent of four, I can relate with his tag line. “126 kids but only one will wipe my but when I am old”
Adventure seeker, world traveler turned mother. She has a mixture of her views on motherhood along with guest posts. It is an entertaining blog.
Bucket List Publications- http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com
This one is near and dear to me as it is a blog that completely follows the premiss of getting out there and doing all those things you keep putting off. They even pick some of your bucket list suggestions and through donations make it happen for you. It’s quite the premise and I enjoy reading it immensely
A Confederacy of Spinsters- http://confederacyofspinsters.com
This is one of my favorites! Three women from Texas, each one taking a turn writing about life trials and tribulations all under pseudo names. Grace, Mae and Kate. Its is always witty, relevant and fun! I look forward to new postings they way one waits at the window for a long-awaited package from UPS.
Musings of a stay at home Jewish Father- http://stayathometatte.wordpress.com
Another blog dedicated to a male role model at home raising his child. Its funny and real with great pictures as he chronicles the day-to-day life of a stay at home dad.
In My Opinion- http://diane-ownes.com
Diane is on a quest to ask a different, relevant question everyday for a year. Interesting concept and I find the answers entertaining.
Debut Dad- http://debutdad.wordpress.com
Brenden is a first time dad who lives in Australia. He blogs about juggling the changes in his life with the birth of their first-born child. Good luck Brenden and keep em coming.
Vanessa Chapman- http://vanessa-chapman.com
Vanessa nominated my blog, and although she is already nominated I enjoy her blog and look forward to every new edition she puts forth. From superstition to the purchase of a new pair of boots. She is funny and I find her blog to be a good way to blow a little time at work! Ha!
365 trinkets- http://365trinkets.wordpress.com
This blog is a reminder of how much crap we accumulate as adults. His mission? To get rid of 365 trinkets he has stored as treasured keepsakes over a 25 year period. The blog revolves around taking pictures of each one (for memories sake) then getting rid of said item.
A blog dedicated to writing poetry and personal trials and tribulations. I enjoy the freedom with which she expresses herself.
Take a shower- http://takeashower.wordpress.com
A blog about Eloise and the raising of her five children. She writes about the past and present, reflecting on the moments in time with the raising of her five children.
I am sorry to say I only have 13 to nominate for this award. I fail! But the thirteen I have chosen I follow with great intent. I enjoy many other blogs but they are new to my collection and I havent gotten the chance to know them well enough yet for a nomination.
Vanessa you were right, I also anguished over my choices.